School Assistant, Garfield Barwick School
Garfield Barwick School
- Fixed-term until 18 December 2020
- Part-time, 4 days a week (Mon,Tue,Wed,Thurs)
Royal Institute for Deaf and Blind Children (RIDBC) provides quality and innovative services to achieve the best outcomes for current and future generations of Australians with vision or hearing impairment.
Our aim is to ensure that children and adults with vision or hearing impairment are given equal access to communication, education, literacy, therapy and health services that will enable them to live a life where nothing holds them back.
An exciting opportunity exists at RIDBC Garfield Barwick School, for a School Assistant with Certificate 3 Education Support or equivalent qualifications. The school caters for primary-aged students with a significant hearing loss who are developing competency in listening, spoken language and literacy.
You will play a key part in assisting and supporting high quality learning experiences for children with a hearing impairment. Working closely with a Teacher and other School Assistants in a small class, you will be working with students to facilitate the ongoing development of each child's listening, spoken language and literacy skills.
The successful applicant will have:
- Essential: Certificate 3 Education Support or equivalent qualifications
- Experience and/or passion for supporting children with hearing impairment
- Computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office and the Internet
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Capacity to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a team
- A current unrestricted NSW driver’s license
- A Working with Children Check in accordance with Child Protection legislation http://www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/ and a Cleared Criminal Record Check (with 6 months validity).
To view the position description please click on the following link: School Assistant Position Description
The successful applicant for this position will be asked to provide current Police check. An individual will not necessarily be excluded from employment based on the result of a criminal record. Each application will be considered on its merits and the inherent requirements of the role.
Additional information can be obtained from the People and Culture team at email@example.com
RIDBC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Compliance with Child Protection Legislation is essential
Compliance with Criminal History Check is essential