Teacher, Alice Betteridge School
Teacher, RIDBC Alice Betteridge School
- Temporary full-time opportunity, Commencing ASAP and ending 18 December 2020
- Build your knowledge/passion for supporting children with Vision Loss in a specialist environment
Royal Institute for Deaf and Blind Children (RIDBC) provides quality and innovative services to achieve the best outcomes for current and future generations of Australians with vision or hearing impairment.
RIDBC are currently seeking a suitably qualified Teacher to join our team at RIDBC Alice Betteridge School based at North Rocks. RIDBC Alice Betteridge School provides an environment in which students who are deafblind or have vision loss, as well as a level of intellectual impairment, receive a tailored education program to optimise their participation and learning.
The ideal applicant will have experience working with students with vision impairment although this is not essential. The successful applicant will have a strong background in teaching and wanting to expand on their skills in the field of vision impairment. Our teachers will have access to a range of professional learning and will be supported by a highly motivated team of Teachers and School Assistants, and work collaboratively with a team of Orthoptists, Access Technology Consultants, and Alternative Format Publications officers.
The successful applicant will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in teaching (ideally with a recognised postgraduate qualification in special education/sensory disability however not essential)
- Either prior knowledge or, passion for working with students with vision impairment
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills
- Proven organisational and time management skills
- Strong appreciation for and understanding of technology as well as an aptitude for learning new skills
- A current unrestricted NSW driver’s license
- A Criminal Record check (obtained within the last 6 months)
- A NSW working with children check.
The successful applicant for this position will be asked to provide a police check. An individual will not necessarily be excluded from employment based on the result of a criminal record. Each application will be considered on its merits and the inherent requirements of the role.
In return for your skills, RIDBC offers a collaborative working environment, salary packaging benefits and onsite parking.
To view the position description please click here: Position Description Teacher
For more information please contact the People and Culture team at firstname.lastname@example.org
RIDBC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Compliance with Child Protection Legislation is essential
Criminal Record Check is essential