Speech Pathologist - Western Sydney
Full-time OR Part-time role/s
Multiple positions available
Western Sydney Based (Penrith, Liverpool and/or Strathfield)
Royal Institute for Deaf and Blind Children (RIDBC) is Australia’s largest non-government provider of therapy, education and diagnostic services for people with hearing or vision loss, assisting thousands of children a year.
In addition to comprehensive paediatric and adult hearing implant services, RIDBC provides client and family centred early intervention, education and related therapy services to children and adults with hearing loss. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work within a dynamic and motivated team of professionals while independently managing an allocated caseload.
We are seeking qualified Speech Pathologists to work collaboratively within our skilled, multidisciplinary team to provide high quality assessment and intervention to clients with hearing and vision impairments; including support for the hearing implantation journey with clients and their families. These roles will provide services to Western Sydney sites and Outreach Clinics.
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Relevant qualifications in Speech Pathology and current registration with Speech Pathology Australia
- Demonstrated experience working with children with sensory impairment and additional needs desirable
- Generalist experience across 0-18 year paediatric population as well as adults with a keen interest in consolidating and applying skills working within a dynamic, changing environment
- Proven ability to select and perform a range of assessments, developmental checklists, and devise appropriate programs and interventions
- Work autonomously as well as the ability to work collaboratively with a small local team
- Strong appreciation and understanding of technology and an aptitude for learning
- Well-developed communication, presentation and computer skills
- Familiarity with the National Disability Insurance Scheme and understanding of the implications for Speech pathology service delivery
- Previous experience working effectively within multi-disciplinary teams would be desirable
- A current NSW drivers licence
- A current Working with Children Check in accordance with Child Protection legislation
- Criminal Record Check (obtained within the last 6 months)
RIDBC offers an excellent work environment, a competitive remuneration package, 8 weeks of Annual Leave (pro-rata for part-time staff), as well as access to leading professional development through our Renwick Centre. To download the position description for this role, click the following link: Speech Pathologist Position Description.
New Graduates are welcome to apply.
Compliance with Child Protection Legislation is essential
Cleared Criminal History Check is essential
The Royal Institute for Deaf and Blind Children is an Equal Opportunity Employer