Teacher of the Deaf
Teacher of the Deaf
Garfield Barwick School
- North Rocks location
- Temporary full-time (with a view to go permanent)
The Royal Institute for Deaf and Blind Children (RIDBC) provides quality and innovative services to achieve the best outcomes for current and future generations of Australians with vision and/or hearing loss.
RIDBC are currently seeking a suitably qualified Teacher to join our team at RIDBC Garfield Barwick School based at North Rocks. The school caters for primary-aged students with a significant hearing loss who are developing competency in listening, spoken language and literacy.
This role requires you to deliver high quality teaching programs and engage students in the learning process. You will also need to be self-motivated, enthusiastic and be able to demonstrate a high knowledge of current teaching practices.
The successful applicant will be part of a supportive and highly motivated team of teachers and work collaboratively with a team of Allied Health Professionals. Experience working with students with hearing impairment is preferred however professional learning can be provided for the successful applicant.
Ideally, the successful applicant will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in teaching (ideally with a recognised postgraduate qualification in special education/sensory disability however not essential)
- knowledge and experience working with students with a hearing impairment preferred
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Proven organisational and time management skills
- Strong appreciation for and understanding of technology as well as an aptitude for learning new skills
- Recent graduates with teaching qualifications are welcome to apply
- A current unrestricted NSW driver’s license
- A Criminal Record check (obtained within the last 6 months)
- A NSW working with children check
In return, RIDBC offers a competitive remuneration package including salary packaging and attractive staff benefits.
To view the position description, please click the following link: Teacher Garfield Barwick School Position Description.
The successful applicant for this position will be asked to provide current Police check. An individual will not necessarily be excluded from employment based on the result of a criminal record. Each application will be considered on its merits and the inherent requirements of the role.
RIDBC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Compliance with Child Protection Legislation is essential
Compliance with Criminal History Check is essential