Service Desk Technician
Service Desk Technician
Temporary full time position (12 month contract)
Dynamic & Reputable NFP
North Rocks location with onsite parking
The Royal Institute for Deaf and Blind Children (RIDBC) provides quality and innovative services to achieve the best outcomes for current and future generations of Australians with vision and/or hearing loss.
This is an exciting time for our organisation, we are going through a period of growth and change and as a result we are seeking a Service Desk Technician to join our Information Communication Technology Team in our North Rocks office.
We are seeking applicants who can bring their passion for customer service, enthusiasm and forward-thinking to our team. This is a temporary full time position for a 12 month period, with a view to extend.
If you have a keen interest in IT, software, innovation, delivering exceptional customer service and want to grow your skill set then this is the job for you. Of course if you have had previous experience providing level 1 IT support either remotely or in person and have exposure to supporting Windows and Microsoft Applications this will stand you in good stead.
Your role will include:
- Providing first call resolution for incidents and service desk requests according to set Service Level Agreements
- Responding to IT incidents and Service Desk requests logged via email, Instant Message or Phone
- Investigating and resolving hardware and software faults and escalating when required
- Contributing to the success of a high performance, customer focused service delivery team.
You must be able to demonstrate the following technical knowledge and educational qualifications:
- Certificate IV in Information Technology or tertiary degree in a relevant field such as Information Technology, Computer Science or Information Systems
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A real customer focus with a desire to find effective outcomes and provide customer satisfaction.
Please download the position description for this role by clicking on the following link: Position Description: Service Desk Technician
If this role seems like a good match with your skills and career aspirations please submit your application inclusive of a covering letter outlining how you meet the criteria in the position description.
Additional information can be obtained from the People and Culture Team at email@example.com
RIDBC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Compliance with Child Protection Legislation is essential
Current Valid NSW Working with Children Check and National Criminal Record Check is essential
The successful applicant for this position will be asked to provide a police check. An individual will not necessarily be excluded from employment based on the result of a criminal record. Each application will be considered on its merits and the inherent requirements of the role.