Speech Pathologist - Canberra
Full-time OR part-time opportunity
Work within a unique multi-disciplinary team
Royal Institute for Deaf and Blind Children (RIDBC) is Australia’s largest non-government provider of therapy, education and diagnostic services for people with hearing or vision loss, assisting thousands of children a year.
In addition to comprehensive paediatric and adult hearing implant services, RIDBC provides client and family centred early intervention, education and related therapy services to children and adults with hearing loss. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work within a dynamic and motivated team of professionals while independently managing an allocated caseload.
RIDBC is seeking applications for a qualified and highly motivated Speech Pathologist to join its multi-disciplinary team on a full-time basis. This role will be based predominantly within the Canberra team however the suitable candidate will also be required to work cross functionally with various RIDBC programs to provide consultation, assessment, and therapy to students from early intervention age through to school leaving within home, school and community environments.
RIDBC programs are delivered both in person as well as through a range of technologies including videoconferencing and website interactions. The role may additionally require some travel to service clients in more remote locations.
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Relevant qualifications in Speech Pathology and current registration with AHPRA
- Demonstrated experience working with children with sensory impairment and additional needs
- Generalist experience across 0-18 year paediatric population as well as adults with a keen interest in consolidating and applying skills working within a dynamic, changing environment
- Proven ability to select and perform a range of assessments, developmental checklists, and devise appropriate programs and interventions
- Work autonomously as well as the ability to work collaboratively with a small local team
- Strong appreciation and understanding of technology and an aptitude for learning
- Well-developed communication, presentation and computer skills
- Familiarity with the National Disability Insurance Scheme, Better Start Funding packages and understanding of the implications for Speech pathology service delivery
- Previous experience working effectively within multi-disciplinary teams would be desirable
- A current ACT drivers licence
- Working with Vulnerable People Check in accordance with ACT Child Protection legislation and a Working with Children Check in accordance with NSW Child Protection legislation.
- Criminal Record Check (obtained within the last 6 months)
To view the position description please click on the following link: Speech Pathologist Position Description. To apply for this exciting role, please click onto our website www.ridbc.org.au/jobs
RIDBC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Compliance with Child Protection Legislation is essential
Compliance with a Criminal Record Check is essential
The successful applicant for this position will be asked to provide a police check. An individual will not necessarily be excluded from employment based on the result of a criminal record. Each application will be considered on its merits and the inherent requirements of the role.