Department Administrator, VisionEd
North Rocks, Sydney
Department Administrator - RIDBC VisionEd
- Full time / 6 Month Fixed Term Contract
- North Rocks location (Parramatta/Hills District)
Royal Institute for Deaf and Blind Children (RIDBC) is Australia’s largest non-government provider of therapy, education and diagnostic services for people with hearing or vision loss, assisting thousands of children a year.
The Royal Institute for Deaf and Blind Children (RIDBC) is seeking a dedicated Department Administrator within our VisionEd department. RIDBC VisionEd provides a range of educational, therapy and support services for children with significant vision impairment aged 0-18 years.
The successful applicant will report directly to the Head of VisionEd and work with a highly motivated team of professionals who work with families, schools and the community to enable children with vision impairment to reach their full potential.
To be successful in this role, you will provide both front desk reception and administrative support to the Manager, staff and clients of RIDBC VisionEd. You will bring good communication and interpersonal skills, coupled with the ability to handle sensitive matters with tact and diplomacy. You will demonstrate excellent coordination and organisation skills to anticipate the needs of the team.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience as an Administrative Assistant
- Computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, particularly MS Excel and MS Word.
- Strong working knowledge of Internet Explorer
- Database maintenance experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work on projects to deadline
- High level of attention to detail and ability to work both autonomously and with a team
- Excellent organisational and time management skills to co-ordinate and support team members who are both on and off site
- Proven ability to use initiative and also posses a willingness to learn
- Commitment to ensure a safe and happy working environment
- A current valid NSW Working with Children Check and a Policy Check with at least 6 months validity
In return for your skills, RIDBC offer a great working environment, salary packaging benefits and onsite parking.
Previous applicants need not apply.
To download a copy of the position description for this role, please click on the following link: Department Administrator Position Description
Compliance with Child Protection Legislation is essential
The Royal Institute for Deaf and Blind Children is an Equal Opportunity Employer.