Department Administrator, VisionEd
North Rocks, Sydney
Department Administrator - RIDBC VisionEd
- Great working environment with on-site parking
- Full time / 6 Month Fixed Term Contract
- North Rocks location (Parramatta/Hills District)
Royal Institute for Deaf and Blind Children (RIDBC) is Australia’s largest non-government provider of therapy, education and diagnostic services for people with hearing or vision loss, assisting thousands of children a year.
The Royal Institute for Deaf and Blind Children (RIDBC) is seeking a dedicated Department Administrator within our VisionEd department. RIDBC VisionEd provides a range of educational, therapy and support services for children with significant vision impairment aged 0-18 years.
The successful applicant will report directly to the Head of VisionEd and work with a highly motivated team of professionals who work with families, schools and the community to enable children with vision impairment to reach their full potential.
To be successful in this role, you will provide front desk reception and administrative support to the Manager, staff and clients of RIDBC VisionEd and will bring good communication and interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to handle sensitive matters with tact and diplomacy. You will also require a valid Working with Children Check and will demonstrate excellent coordination and organisation skills to anticipate the needs of the team. Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel is advantageous.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience as an Administrative Assistant
- Computer skills including sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, particularly MS Excel and MS Word.
- Strong working knowledge of Internet Explorer
- Database maintenance experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work on projects to deadline
- High level of attention to detail and ability to work autonomously and with a team
- Excellent organisational and time management skills to co-ordinate an on and off site team
- Demonstrates initiative and willingness to learn
- Commitment to ensure a safe and happy working environment
In return for your skills, RIDBC offer a great working environment, salary packaging benefits and onsite parking.
To download a copy of the position description for this role, please click on the following link: Department Administrator Position Description
Compliance with Child Protection Legislation is essential
The Royal Institute for Deaf and Blind Children is an Equal Opportunity Employer.