Part Time, 1 day/week (Friday)
Temporary role until December 2020
The Royal Institute for Deaf and Blind Children (RIDBC) provides quality and innovative services to achieve the best outcomes for current and future generations of Australians with vision and/or hearing loss.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Administrative Assistant who will make a contribution to the growth and expansion of our services.
You will be predominantly working out of the RIDBC Liverpool Centre, however travel to other Western Sydney centres may be required on occasion. You will be integral to the smooth running of our centre and will be the “public face” for people attending assessments and therapy. You will have strong communication, interpersonal and organisational skills.
The successful applicant will bring with them good communication and interpersonal skills when working with people with a range of disabilities and the ability to handle sensitive matters with tact and diplomacy.
To be successful in this role, you will also have:
- A proven track record of working autonomously in a busy environment, where you will make use of your well-honed multi-tasking skills
- Sound knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of programs as well as experience with, using and maintenance of electronic client record and appointment systems
- Excellent phone and interpersonal skills as well as strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to use your initiative and a willingness to learn
- Commitment to ensure a safe and collaborative working environment
- You will also require a valid Working with Children Check and criminal record check (obtained within the last 6 months).
- You will be responsible for processing financial transactions for fee paying clients and through Medicare, NDIS and Betterstart funding.
- Previous experience in a health and or disability services organisation will be highly regarded.
To download the position description for this role, click the following link: Administration Assistant Position Description.
Compliance with Child Protection Legislation is essential
Cleared Criminal History Check is essential
The Royal Institute for Deaf and Blind Children is an Equal Opportunity Employer