SCIC (Sydney Cochlear implant Centre) a service of Royal Institute for Deaf and Blind Children (RIDBC) provides multidisciplinary assessment and post-operative management of children and adults with significant hearing loss for cochlear implantation and other hearing devices. With a national focus, RIDBC delivers services throughout NSW, ACT and the Northern Territory.
In addition to comprehensive paediatric and adult hearing implant services, RIDBC provides client and family centred early intervention, education and related therapy services to children and adults with hearing loss. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work within a dynamic and motivated team of professionals while independently managing an allocated caseload.
We are seeking an audiologist to work collaboratively within our highly skilled, multidisciplinary team to provide all aspects of the hearing implantation journey with clients and their families. The successful applicant will have proven ability to assess the functional auditory ability of clients with hearing loss as well as potential cochlear implant candidates referred by surgeons and other health professionals. Whilst this role is based in Gladesville the successful candidate will also provide services across various sites across Sydney.
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Membership of the Audiology Australia, with CCP
- Eligible to deliver OHS services
- Paediatric and adult audiological experience
- Experience with implantable hearing devices (cochlear implants and BAHA), and/or clients with complex hearing rehabilitation needs
- Experience working with hearing aids and diagnostic hearing tests
- Experience in audiological assessment, including speech perception testing
- Strong appreciation and understanding of technology and an aptitude for learning
- Proven organisational and time management skills
- Well developed communication, presentation and computer skills.
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team
- Current driver’s licence
- A working knowledge of current electrophysiological tests
- A valid NSW Working with Children Check and Police Check (with at least 6 months validity) is required for this role.
RIDBC offers an excellent work environment, a competitive remuneration package as well as access to leading professional development.
To download the position description for this role, click the following link: Audiologist SCIC Gladesville
Compliance with Child Protection Legislation is essential
Cleared Criminal History Check is essential
The Royal Institute for Deaf and Blind Children is an Equal Opportunity Employer