Teacher (Casual) - RIDBC Thomas Pattison School
North Rocks, NSW
Thomas Pattison School (TPS)
Make a difference to children who are Deaf and use Australian sign language to support their access to communication, language and learning
Casual on-call vacancy (potential block periods available)
North Rocks location
The Royal Institute for Deaf and Blind Children (RIDBC) provides quality and innovative services to achieve the best outcomes for current and future generations of Australians with vision and/or hearing loss.
Thomas Pattison School (TPS) is currently seeking a casual Teacher interested in making a difference to children who are Deaf and use Auslan and English, to join our team at based at North Rocks.
As a casual Teacher you will be required to plan innovative, high quality and individualised learning experiences for our students. The role will work to promote high quality bilingual learning experiences for deaf students, which involves operating effectively and flexibly as a member of a transdisciplinary team while also demonstrating the ability to work independently. There are no set days of work for this casual position however there is potential that block periods of engagement may be available.
The successful applicant will have:
- Recognised tertiary qualifications in Teaching, and it would be desirable to have a Masters qualifications or evidence of further study in the field
- Fluent English and Auslan skills
- Computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office and the Internet
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- The capacity to handle sensitive matters with tact and diplomacy
- Capacity to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a team
- Excellent organisational skills
- A current unrestricted NSW driver’s license
- A Working with Children Check in accordance with Child Protection legislation http://www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/
- Cleared Criminal Record Check.
Additional information can be obtained from Kim McArtney, Principal, Thomas Pattison School, on (02) 9872 0367 during school term hours.
Compliance with Child Protection legislation is essential.
Compliance with Criminal History Checks is essential.
RIDBC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer